The age-old need for reliable defect marking
has never been addressed until now. For the first time a flagger has
been engineered from the ground up specifically for high speed web applications.
Others have tried modifying label applicators but this approach has
never succeeded. You can eliminate all the concerns for employee safety
with our Web Flagger.
- Automated high speed web flagging at speeds up to and above 4000 fpm
- Flags that are pressure sensitive that stick to the web and not to the machinery
- Shuttle system and flag dispenser to hold and apply flags
- Simple adjustment option for varying web widths without the need of a tool
- Input for activation from automatic inspection systems
- A push button to apply flags, and inputs for up to 5 additional buttons for manual activation
Click here to download the AF-2 Web Flagger Brochure
Typical installation of AF-2 with optional slide base on press or laminator
Operating at speeds up to and over 4000 fpm and with four inputs along the machine, defects can be isolated
in the roll like never before. The unit is available on a stand alone
basis or with an optional waste management and tracking system.
The web flagger is positioned away from the web. The flags are staged at the point where the liner is peeled away from the label. A vacuum shuttle is also parked at this position. When signaled to apply, the flag is fed onto the vacuum shuttle that then extends to the appropriate position with respect to the web, and applies the flag to the moving web.
The flagger uses flags that are pressure sensitive labels supplied in roll form on release liner. In order to prevent adhesive on the flag from sticking to idler rolls and the like, there is no adhesive coating on the part of the flag that hangs out from the web.
Numerous pushbuttons or inspection devices can be positioned along a printing or coating line and the position of these devices can be tracked to the point of application.
ScrapTracker software is used to log various causes and amounts of defective material, along with numerous process parameters. This data is used to generate reports for tabulating efficiency as well as making correlations between process conditions and defects. ScrapTracker can operate independently or in conjunction with the defect tracking system.
- Stores information on a LAN or the RollCode website
- Maintains roll production records
- Tabulates types of defects and amounts
- Creates defect vs. process condition reports
Click here to download the ScrapTracker brochure